Who we are
Our website address is: https://instore.ai
InStore.ai is committed to providing you with notice and choice regarding the information we collect and how we use and share that information. Through our InStore.ai Service, we may collect the following information about you:
• User-Provided Information: You may provide to InStore.ai what is generally called “personally identifiable” information or “personal information” (such as your name, e-mail address, postal mailing address, home/mobile telephone number, payment account information, or demographic information) when using the InStore.ai Service, such as when you register for the site, create a profile, upload recordings, or interact with other users of InStore.ai through communication features such as posting comments. We refer to this information as “Personal Data.”
We do not generally collect “sensitive” Personal Data, including Personal Data about personality and private life, racial or ethnic origin, nationality, political opinions, membership of political parties or movements, religious, philosophical or other similar beliefs, membership of a trade union or profession or trade association, physical or mental health, genetic code, addictions, sexual life, property matters or criminal record (including information about suspected criminal activities). You are not required to provide any Sensitive Personal Data to use any of our services.
- Cookies and other Automatically Collected Information: When you use the InStore.ai Service, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer. InStore.ai may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the InStore.ai Service. Persistent cookies can be removed. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the InStore.ai Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the InStore.ai Service to their fullest potential.When you use the InStore.ai Service or open one of our HTML emails, we may automatically record certain information from your web browser by using different types of technology, including standard log files, “clear gifs” or “web beacons.” This “automatically collected” information may include your Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”) or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after the InStore.ai Service, the pages you view on the InStore.ai Service, and the dates and times that you visit the InStore.ai Service.
• Collection by Third Parties: In addition to the data InStore.ai collects on its own behalf, InStore.ai may make it possible for third parties to collect certain technical data about you. For instance, we may also implement third party content, such as advertising, on the InStore.ai service that uses “clear gifs” or “web beacons”, which allow the third party content provider to read and write cookies to your browser in connection with your viewing of that third party content displayed on the InStore.ai Service. This information is collected directly by the third party, and InStore.ai does not participate in that data transmission. Information collected by third parties in this manner is subject to that third party’s own data collection, use, and disclosure policies.
InStore.ai uses the information you provide or that we collect to develop, operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features and services found on the InStore.ai Service now and in the future. We adhere to the EU data protection principle of “data integrity” and will take reasonable steps to ensure that all Personal Data we collect, retain, or use is relevant to its intended use, accurate, complete, and current.
We will use your email address to contact you for administrative purposes, for customer service purposes, to address intellectual property infringement, rights of privacy, or defamation issues, or regarding User Submissions that you have posted to the InStore.ai Service.
InStore.ai uses the information that you provide or that we collect to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the way the InStore.ai Service works and looks, and to create new features and functionality.
InStore.ai may use automatically collected information and cookies to: (a) personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you use the InStore.ai Service; (b) provide customized third party advertisements, content, and information; (c) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of the InStore.ai Service and third party marketing activities; (d) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (e) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities.
InStore.ai may use your email address or other Personal Data to send i) messages about the InStore.ai Service, such as when you receive a message, comment, or request from another user, ii) promotional messages related to the InStore.ai Service and the activities of third parties we work with, and iii) messages on behalf of other users who think you may be interested in the InStore.ai Service or certain content available on the InStore.ai Service. Generally, you have the ability to opt-out of receiving any such communications, either through links provided in the messages, or by updating your account preferences through the InStore.ai Service.
Information Disclosure and Onward Transfer:
Our users’ privacy is very important to us, and we are not in the business of selling Personal Data. We do, however, disclose Personal Data about you in a variety of circumstances in connection with developing and maintaining the InStore.ai Service and operating our business, or in circumstances where you explicitly permit or request that we transfer information.
- InStore.ai works with third party service providers in the U.S. and other jurisdictions to provide website development, hosting, maintenance, transcription, and support as well as other business services for us. To the extent it is necessary for these service providers to complete their work, these third parties may have access to or process Personal Data about you. These disclosures are generally made under terms comparable to this policy, and the recipients are limited to using the information for the purpose for which it was provided.
- The InStore.ai Service enables users to communicate in a variety of ways. Any Personal Data that you voluntarily choose to include in a publicly accessible area on the InStore.ai Service, such as a recording that you upload and share, your public profile page or in a comment, posting or other User Submission, will be available to other users who access that content. Once you make Personal Data available to others any of these ways, it may be collected and used by the recipients without restriction.
- InStore.ai may disclose automatically collected and other aggregate non-personally-identifiable information with interested third parties, to assist such parties in understanding the usage, viewing, and demographic patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the InStore.ai Service.
- InStore.ai may also disclose information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary or useful to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright law), to respond to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement activity.
- InStore.ai works to promote a safe and reliable service for all users. We reserve the right to disclose information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; to protect InStore.ai and others from fraudulent, abusive, predatory, or unlawful uses or activity; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the InStore.ai Service; or to protect or vindicate the rights, property, or personal safety of InStore.ai, our users, or others.
We reserve the right to disclose, transfer or assign information about our users, including Personal Data, to an acquirer, or successor or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
Personal Data Access and Correction:
You may, of course, decline to share certain Personal Data with InStore.ai, in which case InStore.ai may not be able to provide to you some or all of the features and functionality found on the InStore.ai Service. You may update, correct, or delete your profile information and preferences at any time by accessing your account preferences page through the InStore.ai Service. Please note that while your changes are reflected promptly in active user databases, we may retain all information you submit for a variety of purposes, including backups and archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, and analytics. Please note also that once you have publicly shared information, it may be re-shared by other users, and your subsequent modification or removal of that information will not necessarily affect all copies previously propagated by others.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you account access or making corrections to your information. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
Third Party Services:
The InStore.ai Service contains links to Web sites and services provided by third parties. Any Personal Data you provide on third party sites or services is provided directly to that third party and is subject to that third party’s policies, if any, governing privacy and security. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third party sites or services to which links are displayed on the InStore.ai Service. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with Personal Data.
Our Commitment to Data Security
InStore.ai employs certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to help protect the integrity and security of Personal Data. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to InStore.ai, and you do so at your own risk. Please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If InStore.ai learns of a data security incident affecting Personal Data, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. InStore.ai may post a notice through the InStore.ai Service if a security breach occurs.
The InStore.ai Service is operated from within the United States. If you choose to use the InStore.ai Service from the European Union or other regions of the world, then please note that you are transferring Personal Data outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing and by providing Personal Data to InStore.ai you consent to that transfer, storage, and processing. For more information about how InStore.ai complies with European data protection principles, please review our discussion of the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor framework above.
If you are unsatisfied with the way we have responded to any concerns about our handling of Personal Data, the matter may be dealt with through the U.S. Council for International Business (USCIB). Additionally, InStore.ai’s compliance with this Privacy Statement is regulated at a federal level in part by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Your California Privacy Rights:
A business subject to California Civil Code section 1798.83 is required to disclose to its customers, upon request, the identity of any third parties to whom the business has disclosed “personal information” regarding that customer within the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing via email to: [firstname.lastname@example.org]. Please note that California businesses are only required to respond to a customer request once during the course of any calendar year.